Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunrise

No narrative today. Only impressions of the sunrise on the longest day of the summer.

Cool this morning, and still so wet after days of humidity and rain.
Grass so green, so lush, but such a swamp!
Heavy dew on deck chairs and table, mango uneaten yesterday left out to the elements. Ah breakfast!
Birds waking, calling.
Sun just peeking through unkempt cedar hedge.
Michigan radio inside, some BBC guy chatting. I don't listen.
Cool and substantial tiles in the kitchen, and funny marks in the grout as it sets. Hmm.
Opened can of flat carbonated water. Tasty over ice.
Ice made of water not boiled. Whoops.
Leftovers for breakfast, with memories of Jack and our day together.
Memories of Memorial Day.

Heart swelling.
Sad recollection of Flint. Sweet recollections.
Wonder about Gyllnehem (my house) and its new occupants (oops. soon not my house).
I hope.

Father's Day, and I miss my dad.
Sun is caught in the sycamore. Broad shadows.
Still chill air. Time for a shower.

Good morning.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I miss your Dad too!