Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Sunday

Lent is here, and, unfortunately, the first Sunday is also the first day of Daylight Saving Time. Yikes. I always seem to get sick on the Wednesday of the week we change the clocks. Being in Maryland is introducing me to an all new set of spring allergies--and a month earlier than I had them in Flint or in Boston. (Spring allergies didn't appear in me until after college, so I don;t remember particularly problematical sniffling in Rhode Island springtimes.) But I', already sniffling like crazy (started on Friday) and I'm not looking forward to this week!
Still, this morning's quiet time, including listening to a colleague's sermon podcast, has got me thinking about my people, about the kind of leadership from which they might benefit, and how to provide that leadership in my own person and in people I can encourage. So I think the day has started well, and I think a theme is emerging for these forty day. Leadership, and especially leadership that is developed and encouraged from among the people.
Bells ringing outside. Time to get to church! Work to do, and worship to help lead.

No comments: