Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent 2011

No looking back . . . but the past year has been a tough one in many ways. I realize that some of the "un-centered-ness" that I've felt has to do with my living situation, which has been complex--paying for a house in Michigan (without the help expected by people sharing the house--for whatever reason!) and discovering that my housing arrangements in Maryland needed to be "tweaked" to be more equitable to my gracious landlady. It has meant that I've lived without a study at home, and that my morning centering time has been later in the day than I'd like. So now, for Lent, I'm going to "take back" the morning for these forty days.

I've been listening to podcasts of colleagues' sermons lately, and will do so intentionally each morning through May Day. I have a collection to which I've subscribed and which I get automatically, but I've also looked around to see what is on other churches' websites. I don;t think this will be a place to comment on someone else's sermon, but I will check in to help find the centeredness I need as I imagine what my next living situation will be.

That's all for today! First Thursday in Lent . . .

No comments: